4/29/2009

Beckman High School-Thursday Huddles (1:09 start located in Commons)


Beckman High School is one of the first schools I was able to get on. Another staff guy (JeremyRenken) had this school the year before and passed it along to me when I was hired because of the fact it is located in Irvine. 

We out grew the room we were previously meeting in and had to move the huddles into theCommons area. I have been extremely blessed by our leadership team who continue to find ways to get better each week. 

We have great parent support but just not that many parents. If you could continue to pray for parent/pastor contacts for this school, I would much appreciate it! Our "Huddle Coach" Penn Bushong is a huge reason why we are on this campus. He continually wants to see the ministry grow and has been there for me the whole time!

I am also Coaching football at Beckman (Varsity quarterbacks).God had a plan for me as I emailed every Coach in the Irvine district asking them if there was an available coaching position. Coach Fred Shambaugh from Beckman High School was the first person to get back to me. He is a Christian guy that Loves the Lord with all his heart. He is a big advocate for FCAand having him around football guys reminds me of my grandpa. 

We have been able to get more football players to the huddles because of the Christian influence we both have. I know the Lord wanted me coaching here for a reason...more than just football piece. 

Go Patriots!




No comments:

Post a Comment