5/12/2009

Beckman Huddle Recap-Thursday May 7th '09

As humans don't we always try and control what is going on in our lives? I always have a vision about how I think something should go, but God usually does his own thing and I am left thinking...his way is better:) This week at Beckman there has been testing going on in the Commons where we usually have our huddle. So we had to switch to a classroom and I was doubting how the huddle was going to go. The classroom is small so I assumed nobody was going to come, especially after taking tests all day! I brought a great speaker and I was thinking I hope I don't embarrass the ministry today. This guy thinks we have this sweet set up and now I am stuck in a little classroom. What a typical way to think!!!

To make a long story short the huddle was great. The leadership team did their job by getting kids in the classroom and we were left with little standing room. Jeremy Renken (our speaker) spoke on light and darkness and related it back to his own life, and his walk with the Lord. I was so encouraged to see football players there. A couple of them came for their first time!! We also had a couple of new moms come...what a blessing they have been at all my schools! The most important thing that happened at todays huddle was that God's name was glorified! I could feel his presence as he used Jeremy's words to encourage and love the students. 

Lets continue to pray for Beckman High School!

Galatians 1:10
"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ"

No comments:

Post a Comment