2/07/2013

Huddle Recap 12/21 Irvine High School

FELLOWSHIP OF CHRISTIAN ATHLETESDear Irvine High School Parents and Students,
 
Please read......
Good afternoon everyone.  I apologize for not sending out my normal Huddle Recap last week .... Thanksgiving festivities sidetracked me....ha ha, but I did want to share real briefly what an awesome huddle it was.   If you remember,  our speaker was Bryce Turi from Calvary Chapel Tustin.  Bryce is a former Irvine High graduate.  I asked Ian Proehl, one of our FCA student leaders to share about our speaker....Our last huddle went extremely well. The speaker was Bryce Turi from Calvary Chapel. He was very relatable to all high school students, especially the ones who might have a drug or alcohol problem. It was amazing hearing how he early he got into all these bad habits, such as stealing and drinking. The even more amazing part was when Bryce told us that he quit by finding Jesus. We have been having a lot of students attending the huddles this year, which is very encouraging for all the leaders. It makes me feel like we have an impact with over 200 people coming to see what we put together. Our games committee put together a few “minute-to-win-it” games which are always fun to play as well as watch. It was our first huddle this year with Jared not in attendance and I believe it went very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment